B&G Broadband 3G™ Radar
B&G Broadband Radar a.k.a. Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) radar is nothing new… but, it was when we first launched the technology in 2009! Understanding the shift in radar requirements, we have developed superior short-range target detection and unrivalled target separation. Armed with this new technology boaters received a previously unseen level of situational awareness to improve safe navigation in any visibility. However, despite conventional pulse radar being no match for Broadband Radar in its short-range capacity, it still offered more range… until now that is!
Broadband 3G Radar will undoubtedly mark the beginning of the end of conventional pulse radars on recreational craft as the new 3G boasts a massive 30% increase in range over the original BR24 whilst retaining its impressive short-range credentials. Utilizing solid-state technology, this breakthrough provides superior target detection and separation, low power consumption and extremely low radiation, ease of operation and a new level of navigational safety.
- 30% longer range with 2x transmit power
- 50m short range, perfect for navigating into unknown harbours
- Crystal clear image of your surroundings using AUTO Harbour/Offshore modes – no manual tuning required
- Extremely low radiation, can be mounted anywhere
- InstantOn™ – no warm up time
- Fast Scan mode up to 36RPM less than 2nm for rapid update of close range targets
- Low power consumption, ideal for sailboats
- True Motion mode – easily distinguish moving and static targets
- 10 target MARPA and AIS vessel tracking for awareness of other vessels
- Dual Guard Zones, EBL, VRM
- Compatible with Zeus Z8 and Z12 displays